As its contribution to the Festival of Churches 2014, St Lawrence Lindridge arranged to hold a weekend celebration of our local community. Twenty-two groups and individuals took part, linked to church, school, hall, Country Club; also some local businesses alongside the Parish Council, WI, and Show & Gymkhana. Each contributed representative displays, all including flowers, in a wonderful riot of colour and scent that filled the church over the weekend.
The festival was masterminded by Betty Andersson and was well-supported by local visitors who were welcomed with refreshments in the afternoons. The weekend ended with Evensong on Sunday evening. £102 was donated by visitors, half of which has been forwarded to the Dudley & Worcester Historic Churches Trust as a contribution to their support for local churches.
- Lindridge St Lawrence: Flower Ladies, God’s Acre, Holy Dusters, Choir, Organ, St Lawrence Club, Open the Book, Narnia Drama Group
- Lindridge Primary School, Pre-School, Caretaker
- Lindridge Parish Hall: Management Committee, Art Class, Mid-Week Break, Baby & Toddler Group
- Lindridge Parish Council
- Eardiston Country Club
- Menith Wood WI
- Lindridge Show & Gymkhana
- Yarranton Bros Ltd, Oldfields Orchards, The Bothy Nurseries