Eardiston House is situated adjacent to the A443 Worcester to Tenbury road. The rear of the house enjoys extensive uninterrupted southerly views across the Teme valley to the Wall Hills (Iron Age Camp) ridge opposite. Originally there was a large conservatory which sadly sometime later was demolished. There were also extensive formal gardens, together with a gardeners bothy complete with a walled kitchen garden (which is now a plant nursery, operated by its owner Hilary Brown), also a laundry building and coach houses (which have all since been converted into a private dwellings).
Sadly, during the 1960s Eardiston House was converted into several apartments.
Sir William Smith (1823-1893), the third Baronet of that family, lived in Eardiston House, and owned and ran the Eardiston Estate. Read more.
In about 1825 Sir William Smith installed a footbridge over the main road linking Eardiston House with its Pleasure Grounds. Read more.
In 1868 Colonel George Wallace and his three sisters purchased Eardiston House and Estate. Read more.
Compiled by Derek Marks